Jul 16, 2024  
2023-2024 Catalog 
2023-2024 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Developmental Studies

Developmental Studies: Students who do not place into college-level English and/or math courses are required to complete transitional developmental courses and/or corequisite supplemental courses. The Placement Testing office or academic advisor informs the student about the specific transitional developmental courses and/or corequisite supplemental courses he/she is required to take. Courses with R grades must be retaken until a satisfactory grade is earned. Developmental grades are not averaged into a student’s overall GPA.

Because a solid foundation of reading, writing and math skills is critical for student success, the College encourages students to complete required developmental/supplemental coursework early in their studies. Completion of this developmental/ supplemental coursework is also required before students are allowed to register for courses in college math and English and many courses in the university transfer program. The College catalog lists which courses require completion of developmental/supplemental work.