Jul 16, 2024  
2023-2024 Catalog 
2023-2024 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Freshman, Transfer, or Readmit Admission for Degree or Diploma Programs

  • Complete a residency determination at www.ncresidency.org.
  • Complete the ACC application (www.alamancecc.edu).
  • Submit an official sealed high school transcript or high school equivalency certificate scores. The requirement is waived for students with an earned associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university. In this case, the applicant must submit an official transcript showing the earned postsecondary degree. Students who do not submit official high school (or equivalent) transcripts by the end of the first semester will have a registration hold placed on their records until such documentation is received.
  • Submit official sealed transcripts of all post-secondary education for which transfer credit will be sought.
  • Proficiency in basic mathematics, algebra, grammar, writing, and reading is required for placement into many Alamance Community College courses. Proficiency and course placement are determined by high school GPA after the high school transcript is received. For applicants who do not have a GPA or graduated high school outside of the USA, placement testing may be needed. Exemptions from testing may sometimes be made for applicants with higher degrees, qualifying ACT/SAT scores, or transfer credit. For information on placement testing, visit the College’s website at www.alamancecc.edu/admissions-site/placement-testing/.